About the Church
We are an evangelical Christian community located in Riverside Launceston. We believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives and we are His hands and feet in the world.
What We Believe
- The divine inspiration and unique authority of Holy Scripture as given in the 66 books of the Bible (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- The one and living God eternally co-existent in three Persons in unity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 13:14)
- The inherent corruptness of man through the Fall; the necessity for repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Jesus Christ alone; and, the everlasting separation from God of the finally impenitent (Eph. 2:8-9)
- The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and abiding intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ (Heb. 7:25)
- Justification and sanctification of the believer through the finished work of Christ (Rom. 4:5)
- The Christian practices of Baptism in water by immersion, the Lord’s Supper, and Holy Marriage (Matt. 28:19; 1Cor. 11; Heb. 13:4)
- The security of the believer as they abide in Christ (John 15)
- The Baptism with the Holy Spirit for believers and the subsequent gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12,14)
- A2A Church leadership and ministry by those spiritually gifted and called to do so (Eph. 4:11-12)
- The personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the everlasting fellowship with Christ of all the redeemed (Matt. 25:31)
We are part of the Acts 2 Alliance. A Network of Churches trying to live like the disciples of Acts 2.