Children & Family Pastor
Every generation needs a new revolution.
Change is inevitable. It is not if change will occur it is when it does occur how will we respond.
In sacred circles it is so easy to defend the past, to be a gatekeeper of how things have been done in the past. But life changes and every generation needs a revolution.
We want to invite a generation behind us to start a new revolution for children and families.
There are sacred things from the past that need defending. Things like connection and community, love and kindness, truth and goodness.
But there are things like program, style, language which will need a revolution with each generation. The goal isn’t to protect the past the goal is to see a living out of Psalm 145:4 – 7.
One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.[b]
They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
We know it takes leadership to help create the eco system in which this can occur.
We are looking for a young leader who has drive and ambition. Who wants to help create a revolution of love. A revolution of love where families and children are supported, loved and encouraged towards a living relationship with God. A revolution which empowers and facilitates one generation to the next to declare God and all he is. A leader with a pastor’s heart.
Children and Family Pastor
The purpose of this position is to connect children and families to the person of Jesus.
Major responsibilities are to:
- innovate and build programmes and services that will connect with children and their parents as well as facilitating opportunities for appropriate sharing to occur.
- provide leadership in overseeing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing programmes
- recruit, equip and skill both volunteers and employed workers to lovingly provide programmes and services to children and their parents
- actively participate in the conducting of key programmes and services
- provide effective pastoral care to children and their parents
- create a fun environment
- be responsible for ensuring that the working with children policy is fully embraced
Major programmes and services that the Children and Family Pastor will be responsible for providing leadership for and overseeing include:
- Baby Sensory
- Toddler Sense
- School Holiday Programmes
- Date Night Kids Programmes
- Kids Stuff (kids church)
- Kids Corner (creche during the church service)
- Kids Paradise (indoor children’s playground)
- Parenting Courses
Previous experience and qualifications in education, social work or pastoral ministry would be preferred. The successful candidate will be energetic, innovative and have a good team leadership capacity.