Many church leaders would love to see their church have the DNA of a Disciple Making Church, but are faced with huge questions like “what does this look like?” and “how can this be achieved?”.
The heart of the great commission Jesus gave us was to make disciples who would make disciples. But for many leaders it seems more like a hope than a tangible reality.
Growing churches have generally discovered keys to attracting a crowd and growing as a result. But there is a big difference between attracting a crowd and making disciples. The two don’t need to be mutually exclusive but too often are.
We will be running a workshop to help you address these questions and more, and to help you and your team to plan next steps in bringing about change.
It will commence with on Thursday 3 October 2019 (with an optional breakfast at 8:30am and sessions commencing at 10am) and running through to 4:30pm Friday 4 October, with an optional dinner after. Cost for the workshop is $295 per person. This covers all meals and catering for the duration of the workshop, including the optional breakfast and dinner.
We recommend Tamar River Villas, which is across the road from the Tailrace Centre for convenient and inexpensive accomodation.
During the workshop we will be working through topics that include:
- engaging with the broader community by using our facilities well
- innovative ways to connect with those outside of the church
- effective ways in which we can share our faith
- simple steps we can take to disciple people
- training to help the whole church become engaged in sharing their faith
- leadership principles that will help simplify and focus leaders to be more effective
- practical lessons that we can learn today from the church in Acts 2
- understanding how to gather people into authentic biblical community
- simple steps to help turn members into ministers
If you would like more information about the DNA of a Disciple Making Church Workshop please don’t hesitate to call me on 0419582781 or email me.
If you would like to reserve a place at the workshop, you can register online here.
Senior Leader Tailrace Community,
President A2A (the Acts 2 Alliance)